Fried dumplings at a Japanese ramen restaurant are known as a snack with beer. Besides Steamed Dumplings, I like fried dumplings too. Sometimes when I am too lazy to boil dumplings with a large pot of water, I fry the dumplings instead. Add some olive oil in a frying pan and freeze it in a little fire for around 8-10 minutes and you can serve hot and crispy fried dumplings. Today, I will share with you the steps I have tried successfully many times for Japanese Gyoza(Jiaozi), so that you can eat delicious and crispy fried dumplings for dinner tonight. A glass of beer with a plate of fried dumplings in the evening is a great enjoyment in life.
The steps of delicious pan fried dumplings
- Prepare the fried dumplings, flour and water
- Spread dumplings flat on the pan, avoid sticking them to each other.
- Add the dumpling flour and water in the pan, about half the height of the dumplings and cover the pan. (If there are few dumplings, the water can be little less, mainly to allow enough time for the dumplings to steam.)
- Turn on strong heat. Observe the water is boiling and check that only the surface layer of little water is left in the pan. (You can listen to the sound to observe, if you do not have glass pan lid)
- Open the lid, pour oil, and continue to let the water dry.
- When the flour at the bottom of the pot appears brown and thick, turn off the fire and take out the fried dumplings.
Step 1 : Prepare the flour and water
Prepare the flour and water and pour them together after the pan is covered with dumplings
Step 2 : Spread the frozen dumplings flat on the pan
Put the frozen dumplings flat on the pan, and pour in the flour water for the fried dumplings and turn on the frie.
Step 3: Add the flour and water
Let the flour and water be about half the height of the dumplings.
Step 4: Heat dumplings on strong heat for 5 minutes
Like boiling dumplings, there will be a lot of bubbles, we need to check the water status to avoid over-burning.
Step 5: open the pan lid and add oil
After 5 minutes we heat, the water should be left little in the bottom of the pan, open the lid and pour in a little olive oil.
Step 6: Continue fry the fried dumplings to let the color in golden
Fry slowly to let moisture out, there will be a layer of flour in the pan to fry dry, continue to fry at low heat, util see the golden fried dumplings.
If you don’t want the fried dumplings to stick to the pan, then you can move and rotate the fried dumplings.
Turn over the fried dumplings
The fried dumplings took a long time to color in golden, but I think it was a success, delicious and crispy, yummy : )